segunda-feira, 13 de agosto de 2012

Doomsday for my fridge

So I just moved in with two flatmates and they brought a fridge. One day they'd gone away for the weekend and I was trying to make the fridge colder, and there was this round thing just screaming "PRESS ME!!" near the door, so I pressed it, and it turned out to be the defrost button, and only then did I find the instructions that said it was irreversible! What the fuck, is this like that with every fridge? You touch something and now for the next 14 hours your fridge is gonna be turned off until it decides it has thawed enough to ruing your day. So now I know what the button does, and it's always visible, and I can't forget about it, and I often just touch it and slowly apply some pressure that is the closest I can get to moving it without actually starting the defrost process. It's quite sick, but I don't actually do it, because once I do I know there is that sense of inevitability that you have throughout Dr. Strangelove - although in this case it's just regarding ice melting, not the nuclear apocalypse. 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário