segunda-feira, 20 de agosto de 2012

My favorite old guy to be

Number one would have to be the late George Carlin. I think there are few things more important than freedom of speach, and he is the epitomy of that. I also believe there is way too much bullshit out there, and Carlin was the ultimate no-bullshit-fuck-you guy, but here's the kicker: it was never cheap, it was never stupid, it was always the truth. His speed of thought was mind-blowing. 



As a backup I'd pick Roger Waters. Of course, he's an egomaniacal fuck, but - I won't even get started on his brilliancy - what work ethic! I've had the good fortune to see three of his concerts and holy shit they just keep getting better, even as he approaches 70! His voice is incredible and he simply does not take fans for granted - the passion is still there. Meanwhile, Bob Dylan's voice makes me sad these days (maybe genes play a part here), and he makes sure you won't be able to sing along to shit, because every song has been remade into a bizarre new version that no one knows. And also fuck you, you don't even get to see him, because apparently your $150 are not enough to get a screen on stage!


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário